Fish/crabs and betta fish

i have 2 betta fish and i really wont a fiddler crab , can i put them in together? and my female bettas color is really duller than it normal whats wrong?

I wouldn't recommend housing fiddler crabs with bettas. They need to have a place in the tank that they can come out of the water so you might need to change your setup. Female bettas almost always have less color than males. But overall, I wouldn't recommend keeping the two species together.

Jordan Gobely

I can answer most questions about fish care and maintenance. I am not an expert on saltwater aquariums but I am researching more about them on a daily basis. I have kept many different tropical freshwater fish as well as cichlids. Brackish water is my weakest category but if you have a question feel free to ask and I will do research on it myself.

I have kept fish for over 10 years. I am also an employee at a pet store and the head of the fish department. I am going to school at Emporia State University and studying biology with a concentration in ecology and biodiversity for undergraduate work. Right now my job is to care for and maintain the fish department at a local pet store. As far as water quality, I am well versed in different practices you can do to help improve conditions and what levels to look out for when testing the water.

I am majoring in Biology at Emporia State University and have researched fish reproductive behavior for the past decade.