Fish/Treating Fin Rot on Common Goldfish

Question
I have a Common Goldfish that is 4 months old with a case of fin rot and cloudy eyes, with one eye having one blood streak. I have dosed 5 days of Melafix so far. I have used Aquarium Salt per directions to promote recovery.
Fish was great for the last two days and still healing.
This morning there is now dark streaks on all fins!
Please help!

Answer
Hello Laura, A common problem for those "dark" spots or streaks could be from an ammonia spike. Do a water change today, depending on the tank size you will need to do a 20 percent for a 10 gallon tank, 10 percent if it is above 10 gallons. Do a half if it is 5 gallons or less. Make sure you are treating the fish with an anti bacterial from melafix. Ensure that your water is good. You might want to do a water test if you have the chemicals to do so. If not, many fish stores will do them for you for free.

Fish

Jordan Gobely