Fish/My fish in a pot?

Question

I have a betta fish and I want to treat him like in Thailand (because they come from Thailand) and he is stressed and tearing his fins ect. so I wanted to heal him a "Thai way". I decided to get him in good condition by treating him like he was GOING to fight (of corse not actually fighting!) and fixing him up Thai way.
For this, I need what Thai people call an "earth pot"! I'm supposed to fill an "earth pot" with clean water and put the fish in it. But what is an earth pot? I think they mean just a clay cooking pot? So, what kind of clay would be safe? Could it have glaze?

Thank you very much,

Miriam

Answer
Hi Miriam,
 If he is alone and tearing his fins, that means that his water is not in good shape. It won't matter what kind of pot he is in; change his water more frequently and be sure to have a good filter working in his tank.

-- Ron C.
  rcoleman@cichlidresearch.com
  Cichlid Research Home Page <http://cichlidresearch.com>  

Fish

Ron Coleman