Fish/gold fish food

I have 9 fancy goldfish in aquarium. aquarium size is 11'*18' there is around 30 litter water  2day before Iwant to outside from my house i gave them holiday food for ten days'  but came back in house now I want to give tokyu food  can I give them
another question among them goldfish some are big some are small when I give food within 2 big one takes more then10 what can I do

Hi Mahesh,
  I do not recommend using "holiday food". Often it merely rots in the tank.  The best thing is to have someone feed them every few days.  Absolutely do not put EXTRA food in the tank before you go away thinking that they will eat it over a period of days -- they won't. The food will rot, spoil the water and kill the fish.  You would be better to not feed them at all for ten days rather than doing that.  

As for how to make sure the little fish get food, that can be challenging.  You might try putting the food in two different locations. Try to get the big fish to eat at one spot and the little fish to eat at another spot.  That sometimes works.

-- Ron Coleman
  Cichlid Research Home Page <>

Ron Coleman

I am an expert on cichlid fishes, particularly New World cichlids. My broader expertise includes the behavior, ecology and reproduction of fishes in general. (I am NOT an expert on Goldfish). Please do not use abbreviations, such as "my GT has a swollen eye" because I don't know what a "GT" is. The more clearly you can explain your question, the better chance I have of understanding what it is that you seek. I keep fishes both as a scientist and as a hobbyist and I currently maintain about 140 aquariums.

I am an Associate Professor at the California State University, Sacramento in the Department of Biological Sciences, and I run a website, called the Cichlid Research Home Page . I also write for many popular aquarist magazines, and I was editor of Cichlid News magazine for several years. I am a scientist and I spend my time teaching fish biology, ecology, behavior and evolution and doing research on the reproductive biology of fishes, particularly cichlids. I do research in the laboratory and in Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Mexico. My main interest is understanding the evolution of parental care in fishes. I am interested in encouraging greater public awareness, understanding and participation in science.

Cichlid News, Tropical Fish Hobbyist, Freshwater and Marine Aquarium, Science, Behavioural Ecology and Sociobiology, Copeia, Canadian Journal of Zoology, Trends in Ecology and Evolution, AUK, Environmental Biology of Fishes

PhD (Toronto, 1993) MSc (Simon Fraser, 1986) BSc (British Columbia, 1983)