Fish & Seafood/SALMON and other fish

So my question is what are decent prices for salmon and other healthy fish? I live in Colorado.
I always see salmon for 9.99 per lb..

That price is about right.  The least expensive fish are probably catfish or fish that are similar but usually not local: swai, basa, tilapia.  You can get them for around $5-$6 / lb.  Then there the price goes up for cod, haddock, salmon to around $8-$12 / lb.  Then there's swordfish, seabass, halibut, etc for over $12.  It's hard to get really good fish in Colorado.  Your best bet might be local fish like trout caught in the rivers and lakes in your area.  That'll be the freshest and best value.  Good Luck!

Fish & Seafood

Chris A. DiNunno

I can answer questions regarding the preparation of seafood as well as most general culinary questions.

I've been in the seafood retail and restaurant trade for 38 years. I owned my own restaurant for 22 years (150 seats, 2 locations) as well as a catering operation.

Past member of American Culinary Federation

Seafood Leader Magazine

Johnson & Wales University, N. Miami, Florida, Associates in Science, Culinary Arts.

Previously Certified Executive Chef (expired), ACF Competition Medalist