Fish & Seafood/Tripoly Sodium Phosphate usage

Question
I would like to know recommended usage rate for Tripoly when soaking or thawing fish fillets.

Thank you

Answer
I wouldn't recommend using it.  It is used by the refined foods industries for the sole purpose of adding water weight to seafood like scallops, shrimp and fish.  It gives the seafood a soapy flavor and alters the ability to cook it properly.  It is widely used as an additive in detergent.  Unless you are a packing company looking to make more money by making foods retain more water, I would stay away from it.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Fish & Seafood

Chris A. DiNunno