Fish & Seafood/freezing fish

Question
hi.i am a quick meal person,i enjoy frozen batterd/crumbed fish,how do they prepare that?? i know,people cut up and freeze the days catch(lucky them)and fry as required,i'd like to cut out the middle part.thanks,,,,,thos

Answer
Cut  your fish into fingers (about the size of your finger, but not too thick).  Dust lightly in flour and shake off the excess.  Dip into a liquid - some people use egg wash (beaten egg with a little bit of water added) I like to use evaporated milk.  Then dip in whatever coating you would like -- seasoned bread crumbs (I like to use Japanese panko bread crumbs which I grind up just a bit finer, seasoned with salt and pepper); or a batter (1/2 cornstarch, 1/2 flour mixed and a pinch of baking powder, salt and pepper and add beer to make it moist like thin pancake batter - don't over-mix it and keep it cold).
You can shallow fry - about an inch of oil in a pan or deep fry, about 4 inches of oil in a fryer or pot.  They oil should be kept at between 350 and 375 degrees fahrenheit.  Don't overcrowd the pot.  Turn the fish as necessary with a fryer skimmer, slotted spoon or spatula.  Fry until golden and fish is cooked through.  If the fish is golden before it's cooked through, either cut skinnier pieces or place on a baking rack set on a cookie sheet and finish in a 350 oven for a few minutes.
Hope this helps, let me know if you have further questions and let me know how it turns out.

Fish & Seafood

Chris A. DiNunno