Fish & Seafood/Crab Stuffed Mushrooms

The recipe calls for fresh mushrooms. Rather than the standard white/button mushroom, what is your opinion of using portabella caps or baby bellas?

I think they'd be awesome!  I've used both for crab stuffed mushroom specials at the restaurant with excellent results. If you want, you can roast off your portobello caps first, then stuff and bake them. I cut the very large caps in quarters like a pizza and placed some dressed greens in the center. If you use the baby bellas just check to make sure the mushrooms are cooked through, you might have to increase the cooking time a little.  Good luck!

Fish & Seafood

Chris A. DiNunno

I can answer questions regarding the preparation of seafood as well as most general culinary questions.

I've been in the seafood retail and restaurant trade for 38 years. I owned my own restaurant for 22 years (150 seats, 2 locations) as well as a catering operation.

Past member of American Culinary Federation

Seafood Leader Magazine

Johnson & Wales University, N. Miami, Florida, Associates in Science, Culinary Arts.

Previously Certified Executive Chef (expired), ACF Competition Medalist