Fish & Seafood/Crab Filling for Mushrooms

Hi Chris, Last night I made Crab Stuffed Mushrooms. I have enough filling left for another batch. Can this filling be frozen? If not, how long can it be kept in the refrigerator?

Hi Tammi,
You can refrigerate the stuffing for about 3 days.  You can also freeze the stuffing.  I would wrap it tightly in plastic wrap - remove as much air as possible, flattening it out so that it freezes quickly and thaws quickly - then place it in a labeled zip-loc freezer bag, again remove as much air as possible.  It would probably keep as long as 3 months, but would be best used within 30 days.
Hope this helps.

Fish & Seafood

Chris A. DiNunno

I can answer questions regarding the preparation of seafood as well as most general culinary questions.

I've been in the seafood retail and restaurant trade for 38 years. I owned my own restaurant for 22 years (150 seats, 2 locations) as well as a catering operation.

Past member of American Culinary Federation

Seafood Leader Magazine

Johnson & Wales University, N. Miami, Florida, Associates in Science, Culinary Arts.

Previously Certified Executive Chef (expired), ACF Competition Medalist