Fish & Seafood/Options for Crab Stuffing

Hi Chris, I have a batch of Crab Stuffing that I used for mushroom caps and I am left with quite a bit of leftovers. Any suggestions of how else I can use the remaining stuffing?

Hi Tammi,
The first thing I can think of is as a stuffing for a fish fillet.  Butterfly the fillet, fill the cavity with stuffing, brush a little butter on the fish, season it with salt and pepper and bake it.  Serve it with a lemon white wine or a lobster sauce.  You can also wrap it up in wonton skins like dim sum and press the bottoms so they sit flat.  Fry them standing upright in a non-stick pan in a little hot oil.  When the bottoms are golden, carefully add some water and cover to steam them for a minute.  They make great appetizers.
As a last resort, spray an old ice cube tray with non-stick spray and fill it with balls of stuffing.  Once they freeze, pop them out and place them in a zip-lock freezer bag and save them for next time.
Hope this helps,

Fish & Seafood

Chris A. DiNunno

I can answer questions regarding the preparation of seafood as well as most general culinary questions.

I've been in the seafood retail and restaurant trade for 38 years. I owned my own restaurant for 22 years (150 seats, 2 locations) as well as a catering operation.

Past member of American Culinary Federation

Seafood Leader Magazine

Johnson & Wales University, N. Miami, Florida, Associates in Science, Culinary Arts.

Previously Certified Executive Chef (expired), ACF Competition Medalist