Fish & Seafood/Options for Crab Stuffing

Question
Hi Chris, I have a batch of Crab Stuffing that I used for mushroom caps and I am left with quite a bit of leftovers. Any suggestions of how else I can use the remaining stuffing?

Answer
Hi Tammi,
The first thing I can think of is as a stuffing for a fish fillet.  Butterfly the fillet, fill the cavity with stuffing, brush a little butter on the fish, season it with salt and pepper and bake it.  Serve it with a lemon white wine or a lobster sauce.  You can also wrap it up in wonton skins like dim sum and press the bottoms so they sit flat.  Fry them standing upright in a non-stick pan in a little hot oil.  When the bottoms are golden, carefully add some water and cover to steam them for a minute.  They make great appetizers.
As a last resort, spray an old ice cube tray with non-stick spray and fill it with balls of stuffing.  Once they freeze, pop them out and place them in a zip-lock freezer bag and save them for next time.
Hope this helps,
Chris

Fish & Seafood

Chris A. DiNunno