Fish & Seafood/Baking Salmon

Question
QUESTION: I like frozen salmon in individually wrapped pieces. Those with skin on I bake on aluminum foil. In two instances the skin stuck to the foil which was easier to clean up. But usually it sticks to the fish. What am I doing wrong?

Also, what is that white "toothpaste" that comes out of the fish when it bakes?

ANSWER: Hi Alden. The white stuff is 'coagulated protein' and you can minimize it by quick brining the salmon for 10 minutes. Use a tablespoon of salt per cup of water, then rinse and dry the fillet. I think the sticking problem can be taken care of with a light spritz of cooking spray on either the foil or the fish. Good luck!
Chris

QUESTION: Chris:
Thanks for your prompt reply. I was hoping to find out how to get the skin to STICK to the aluminum foil for easy cleanup. Just fold it up on the skin and chuck it. I've succeeded twice but haven't been able to do it again.

Answer
Hi Alden, in the words of Gilda Radner, that's very different!  The only thing I can think of is to make sure everything is very dry.  Two other options would be to skin it first or do what I do - eat the very nutritious and tasty skin.
Hope it works.
Chris

Fish & Seafood

Chris A. DiNunno