Fish & Seafood/Freezing seafood bisque

Can I freeze a corn and seafood bisque after I cooked it. Have some leftover.  The seafood was fresh frozen and thawed    But now coked in bisque. If I can't I won't be able to serve it again until wed night and it is will initially be served on Monday night. Help

Hi Nancy.  You should have no problem freezing the bisque.  I often make batches of soups and bisques and freeze them in containers for future use.  They should freeze for a month or two; if they develop ice crystals, they've probably been in the freezer too long and have lost some quality.  Though not inedible or unsafe, they would not be as good.
I like to use zip lock freezer bags for soup.  Place the bag in a large container that will hold the bag and fold the top of the bag over the rim of the container all the way around.  Pour the cooled soup 3/4 of the way up the bag.  Unfold the top and seal it 90% of the way, then carefully squeeze the top to get any air out, then finish sealing the bag.  Making sure it's sealed completely, lay it down in your freezer on something flat and let it freeze until sturdy, then store it in any position.  The flat bags makes it easier and quicker to thaw out.
Good luck!
Thanks for the question,

Fish & Seafood

Chris A. DiNunno

I can answer questions regarding the preparation of seafood as well as most general culinary questions.

I've been in the seafood retail and restaurant trade for 38 years. I owned my own restaurant for 22 years (150 seats, 2 locations) as well as a catering operation.

Past member of American Culinary Federation

Seafood Leader Magazine

Johnson & Wales University, N. Miami, Florida, Associates in Science, Culinary Arts.

Previously Certified Executive Chef (expired), ACF Competition Medalist