Fish & Seafood/Salmon

Question
I found one recipe for teriyaki salmon that said it only needed to marinade in the juices for 2 hours. Is that typical? Does Salmon absorb flavors well? When I worked at a buffet we marinaded the chicken wings for a whole 48 hours.

Also know a good teriyaki salmon recipe that isn't too complex?

Answer
Yes, that is typical.  Most marinated seafood only requires 2 hours for the maximum flavor to develop, chicken and beef take much longer for the marinade to penetrate.  
Unless you want to use a bottled teriyaki sauce, you'll have to make your own.  I usually use this type of recipe:
Sauté 3 Tbsp. chopped garlic, 4 chopped green onions and 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh ginger in 1 Tbsp. of oil until light golden.  Add ˝ cup tamari, 3 Tbsp. brown sugar, 3 Tbsp. honey, 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice. Bring mixture to a light boil over medium heat. Whisk together 2 Tbsp. cornstarch with and ˝ cup water, whisk into sauce and cook, stirring until sauce thickens.   Broil salmon until brown and barely cooked through.  Brush on teriyaki sauce and place under broiler until it starts to bubble.  You can re-sauce and re-broil if you want a thicker glaze.  Garnish with chopped green onion and sesame seeds.  Alternatively you can marinate the salmon for 2 hours and bake it at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes or; season un-marinated salmon and pan-sear it in a lightly oiled nonstick skillet.  Cook skin side up first, carefully flip it over once it has formed a light brown crust and cook the bottom side for a minute or two.  Brush on the teriyaki and finish it either in the oven or under the broiler.
Enjoy!

Fish & Seafood

Chris A. DiNunno