Fishing/antique rod value

Dino wrote at 2008-09-13 21:53:14
Hello Based on Rita's picture.Her husband's Hardy rod is a Salt water No.6 and not an extra heavy Hardy Zane Grey! The extra heavy Hardy Zane Grey has 8 line guides and is 56-LBS test curve NOT 50-lbs.

Ask her to count the line guides & send a complete picture of it including closeups of the first two guides closer to the handle,for accurate evaluation.Sincerely Dino

Steve wrote at 2015-02-03 05:33:30
I think the value of this rod is more towards $500 to $1,000, I paid  $1,200 for a similar rod in near mint condition with agate guides several years ago it it was the only one I had ever seen for sale.  Great rod, good luck with it!  I am a licensed appraiser who has benn collecting antique fishing gear for over 25 years.

DAVE wrote at 2016-02-09 04:26:50
IF YOU STILL HAVE THE ROD. I WILL OFFER YOU 1,000.00 FOR IT

DAVE

Fishing

Joe Douglas