Fishing/Vintage Fishing Rods...

jg wrote at 2014-10-16 22:42:15
I also have a NFG rod.. bought it at a flea market several years ago for ten bucks. . Pretty nice rod looks like it was hand made and what I mean by that is it has a custom string on it.. really nice.. I showed it at this bait shop in south texas, a guy offered me a 80$ dollars for it.. so I basically put it in storage. . solid pole..  

Joe Douglas

I can answer questions on custom rod building and rod restoration and rod repair for bamboo, graphite and fiberglass fishing rods. I also have experience in estimating the value of vintage rods and determining the original manufacturer.

I operate a custom rod building business providing fly rods, spey rods, casting and spinning rods in bamboo graphite and fiberglass. I also operate a custom rod building school where myself and other professional rod builders teach individuals to build custom rods. I have a personal interest in vintage rods and have a small collection of reference books and articles which often help shed light on the origins of the older rods.

Rod Builders International, Rod Builders Institute

Web Site:,,

BS, Business Administration, University of Tulsa

I have a large number of individual clients for whom I have designed and built custom fishing rods of all types. I also have two commercial clients for whom I build private label rods, one in the USA and one in Europe.