Fishing/Graphite Rods

Paul B. wrote at 2010-03-25 10:15:09
Lowe's rods were made in Arkansas, I believe.  They were about $100. I have a Lowe's super touch.  They were unique in that they had the eyes twist around the rod to where they faced downward. They give a great sensitive feel to the fish striking the worm.  Nice rod!

Luv2fish wrote at 2010-09-29 01:36:24
There was a Lowe's Super Touch Graphite rod company out of Harrison, Ark that made hand-rolled rods. It was a small, family company. They were my main rod supplier for some time. They were good quality rods. They were briefly sold by Bass Pro in Springfield, MO. The last I heard the company was sold about 7 to 10 years ago. I have heard little since.

I still own a few of the rods, both baitcast and spinning.

luv2fish wrote at 2010-09-29 01:44:52
Lowe's Super Touch Graphite rods were hand-rolled rods made by a small, family company in Harrison, Ark. They were good, quality rods. The rod type you are referring to is the "round wrap" or "wrap around" version, which was said to improve casting and sensitivity. I bought several in the mid- to late-90's and used them up until a year or two ago. I still have a handful, including the type you described. They caught a lot of fish and withstood the test of time.  

F.c. R. wrote at 2012-11-19 07:52:33
Lowes rods were made in Arkansas, a small family run business that made quality fishing rods. They have been out of business for some time. I have 2 of his rods and wish i had more....

Joe Douglas

I can answer questions on custom rod building and rod restoration and rod repair for bamboo, graphite and fiberglass fishing rods. I also have experience in estimating the value of vintage rods and determining the original manufacturer.

I operate a custom rod building business providing fly rods, spey rods, casting and spinning rods in bamboo graphite and fiberglass. I also operate a custom rod building school where myself and other professional rod builders teach individuals to build custom rods. I have a personal interest in vintage rods and have a small collection of reference books and articles which often help shed light on the origins of the older rods.

Rod Builders International, Rod Builders Institute

Web Site:,,

BS, Business Administration, University of Tulsa

I have a large number of individual clients for whom I have designed and built custom fishing rods of all types. I also have two commercial clients for whom I build private label rods, one in the USA and one in Europe.