Fishing/Archer Bartleet bamboo rod

Bloss wrote at 2009-06-24 11:00:01
G'Day I can't add to the "archer/bartleet" reply but I do have a split cane 9ft fly rod made in England and stamped "Bartleets" on the base of the handle. It is in perfect condition, a three peice with identical extra tip section, would like any info on origon

Regards  Bloss

Tasmania Aust.

Rob wrote at 2011-11-23 03:17:58
I have a rod (four sections including two tips) which says Made In England by Bartleets for a company in Montreal. Based on that, I would say Bartleets was an English maker.

Rob

billythekid wrote at 2012-02-08 13:25:59
I have a rod made by Bartleet as well. They made it for a Montreal firm. They are from the UK. Very high quality rod from everything I can see. Mine is a four piece (two tips) in an aluminum storage tube with brass end caps. The caps are also marked by the maker. I can't find much information about them either but they clearly made an excellent product.

Tom wrote at 2012-12-30 05:37:14
Hi just found my grandfathers old rod he was origanally from tasmania .It has a picture of an archer with "trade mark" written on it it just has "Bartleets" as the Makers name . It has "Made in england " stamped on it as well . If anyone has more information regarding this maker etc would appreciate it

Tom From victoria