Fishing/Vintage Bamboo Fly Rod

Don Kress wrote at 2011-09-03 03:04:24
I have a wood tennis racket from about 1940 or so.  It was made by Ed Maynard of Plymouth N.H. and also has the little dog sign on it.  It is a quality piece.  There was a company by the name of Draper & Maynard in Plymouth and they were a big racket maker.  They also used a dod as their lable but the dog was different.  

Bill LeeMaster wrote at 2013-12-05 01:50:07
Here is some additional information regarding Edward Maynard.  As the co-owner of a sporting goods company, my best guess would be that one of the rod/tackle companies in existence between 1899-1930 built this specially for Maynard.  Be great if it was Orvis. I have no reference book to check out the windings and see if a close or identical match might be found.  Here's the web site I used:

mike wrote at 2014-07-18 16:55:43
Ed Maynard was the son of John Maynard who along with Jason Draper formed Draper-Maynard Sporting Goods in the 1890's. Ed Maynard was an executive with D&M until the mid 1930's. At that time, D&M was heading into bankruptcy and about to be bought out by Goldsmith Sporting Goods. Ed Maynard headed out on his own and formed his own company, Ed Maynard Sporting goods. His company was located in Plymouth NH., just down the road from the D&M factory. In fact, Maynard continued to use the D&M factory to manufacture some of his sporting goods into the 1940's. His fishing gear was contracted elsewhere but carried the Ed Maynard "Sign of the Little Dog" logo. The "Little Dog" logo was a reference to Maynard's time spent with D&M whose logo for sporting goods was "The Lucky Dog Kind". I have no idea of the value but your item is extremely rare.

Mark Maynard

I can answer questions about saltwater inshore and offshore fishing, bass fishing, catfish fishing, and panfish fishing. I have a vast quantity of knowledge in these areas. I'm only seventeen but I can answer all your questions about fishing Texas waters. I will also take Questions from outta state too.

I have fishing saltwater extensively and have written an article for Sport Fishing magazine. I've almost landed a lake record bass twice. I love bass fishing and know more than any adult I know. My knowledge of catfish fishing comes from fishing for them my whole life. I have caught panfish every single way possible.

I design lures for M&G lure company.

None really, except that I've studied about fishing all my life.

I've written an article for Sport Fishing magazine. I've won two tournaments and most of the competitions between my brother, my dad, amd me.