Fishing/fly rods

Pat wrote at 2010-10-23 11:23:05
My mother and father finished bamboo fly rods for the Brule Rod Co.  I believe they were either out of Brule, WI or Iron River.  They sanded and varnished them at home.  They did have the wire guides on them and my mother would repair the rods and put on new guides.  This would be many years ago.  My father is deceased and my mother is 92 and quite ill so I cannot get any more info for you.  I am sure the company was named after the famous Brule River.

joesmiley wrote at 2012-03-03 19:51:10
i have a brule fly fishing rod with the sticker that says from top to bottom "rods built by fishermen   brule brand   finest fishing tackle   iron river, wis

mike zawacki wrote at 2012-03-23 00:46:13
Pat...any idea what the name of the rods were that your Mom & Dad worked on was?....Was it Brulemaster by chance?

thanks,

mike

Dallas Armstrong wrote at 2012-06-11 23:32:57
my wife picked up a brule rod at a garage sale last week Its not a fly rod. its a 5 foot bait casting rod the number on it is 97007 made in iron river wi. Its in very good shape but is a older looking rod

Paul Geach wrote at 2013-05-19 14:06:07
Brule Rods were some of the best rods I ever used.  My grandfather had few dozen fly and spinning rods from the Brule Rod Company.  One of the rods my grandfather really liked was their feather light.  He used that rod when he was steelhead fishing on the Brule.  He had also bought my brother, my cousins, and myself rods from Brule Rod Company.  The rod I loved the best and would like to find another like it was their pack rod.  It was multi-purpose for both fly and spin so all I had to do was bring two well matched reels and carry two small keepers for the lures and wet flies.  Back in the 1970s and 80s, the Brule Rod Company was a regular stop for my family on our annual fishing trip to the Brule and is sorely missed.

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey