Fishing/Addendum to Dad's bamboo fly rod #1

grandson of DR JB tonkin wrote at 2011-04-28 03:11:48
Hello! I am the grandson of Dr John Bauer (JB) of Middletown, Ohio. Tonkin was his word for tinkering. He was an avid fisherman and hunter who also made fly rods as a hobby. The barn/workshop where these were made still hold many stalks of bamboo that these rods were from. He imported the bamboo himself. #121 is the 121st rod he produced. Most rods were given as gifts to friends and dozens of them are still in the family. The highest known # on a rod 162.

Jack wrote at 2012-07-18 17:52:58

If you still have the fly rod, I would be interested in talking to you about it.

J Bauer Jr wrote at 2013-07-13 20:59:48
The JB Tonkin fly rod # 121 was made by my father (Dr. John Bauer) in April 1974.  According to my records it was built for Charles Parrott.  Dad made rods up until 1978.  He died in Feb. 1979.

David Conklin wrote at 2014-02-12 00:47:49
/I have a J B tonkin that is #233 and has a date of 9/1/74 made for a John Kaufman,,,I am of the belief that this is the same rod maker as stated. I hope this info can help in some way  

Jeff Dobrozsi wrote at 2014-05-16 01:24:35
David-- I am another grandson of Dr. Jack Bauer.   Jack, my cousin in the post above, died suddenly and I am trying to find other rods.   I would be interested in learning more about the rod you own.   Please let me know.