Fishing/Jay Edwards

I have recently came across a Jay Edwards rod I believe it's bamboo it's in great shape it's a 3wt  two pice about 7 feet tall can't find anything about it online hopping you know something about it.  

Hi Steve,

You might try contacting North Park Anglers in Walden, Colorado, for more information.  It used to be owned by a Jay Edwards who was a bamboo rod builders.  They may be able to help with a value for the rod and more information on the maker.

Try as a starting point/

I have no data at all on this rod.

Shorter bamboo fly rods tend to be valued higher than longer rods.

Thanks,  Joe

Joe Douglas

I can answer questions on custom rod building and rod restoration and rod repair for bamboo, graphite and fiberglass fishing rods. I also have experience in estimating the value of vintage rods and determining the original manufacturer.

I operate a custom rod building business providing fly rods, spey rods, casting and spinning rods in bamboo graphite and fiberglass. I also operate a custom rod building school where myself and other professional rod builders teach individuals to build custom rods. I have a personal interest in vintage rods and have a small collection of reference books and articles which often help shed light on the origins of the older rods.

Rod Builders International, Rod Builders Institute

Web Site:,,

BS, Business Administration, University of Tulsa

I have a large number of individual clients for whom I have designed and built custom fishing rods of all types. I also have two commercial clients for whom I build private label rods, one in the USA and one in Europe.