Fishing/Vintage fly rod

Hi Joe
Just wondering what an old bamboo fly rod built by hardy bros Ltd ALNWICK  England serial #3241g by appointment would be worth today.

Hi Butch,

Hardy rods do have decent collector value.  It should have a model number or name that will help with identification; Hardy made several different models.  Also, rod length, number of rod sections, rod bag, rod tube and a general description of condition will help.

If you can provide additional details, I can give you and idea of value.

Thanks,  Joe

Joe Douglas

I can answer questions on custom rod building and rod restoration and rod repair for bamboo, graphite and fiberglass fishing rods. I also have experience in estimating the value of vintage rods and determining the original manufacturer.

I operate a custom rod building business providing fly rods, spey rods, casting and spinning rods in bamboo graphite and fiberglass. I also operate a custom rod building school where myself and other professional rod builders teach individuals to build custom rods. I have a personal interest in vintage rods and have a small collection of reference books and articles which often help shed light on the origins of the older rods.

Rod Builders International, Rod Builders Institute

Web Site:,,

BS, Business Administration, University of Tulsa

I have a large number of individual clients for whom I have designed and built custom fishing rods of all types. I also have two commercial clients for whom I build private label rods, one in the USA and one in Europe.