Fishing/Bamboo rod

Question
Hello,

I just purchased a bamboo fly rod and am at a loss at trying to find the original maker of the rod, if you could assist in any way it would be much appreciated. The rod has a decal saying Mohawk in black letters and a black outer boarder with yellowish gold interior colour, the stripper guide is agate with red inner ring same as the tip top guide,on the reel seat is an arrow just before the cork, it's approx 8' 6" and comes with a aluminum case.

I hope you can help?

Answer
Shane
Odds are good your rod was made by Horrocks-Ibbotson.
They made a Mohawk model and along with Montague are the most common.
If so it is plastic not stone; agatine not agate.
I can confirm all the above with several detailed not blurry photos - macsrods@yahoo.com

But HI used white lettering for model names and your description of the label doesn't match Sinclair. Bamboo Rod Restoration Handbook   by Michael Sinclair

It could also be a Japanese rod.

My Price Book is Antique & Collectible  Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide by Homel, Dan. 1997 (2nd edition 2000# add about 30% for age of book, usually found in major library systems.

If you want more as I say on this website:
If you are asking for the id or value  of an old rod please give a complete description send pictures especially labels or logos to me, macsrods@yahoo.com and a complete description including any of following that you can:
Is it? fly or casting rod ? Reel seat is below or above the cork handle ?
Check metal for id and patents ? What is it made of; bamboo # flat sided# fiberglass or graphite # round#? Weight in oz? What is the diameter  #not circumference) of the rod above the handle? Where and when was it purchased ? What type of metal nickel-silver, tin, or chrome platted brass? A complete description of any logos or labels. Do the sections fit together ?
Length of rod per section and number of sections. Total rod length.

Luck,
Mac

Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated.  

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey