Fishing/fishing rod

Question
I have a 5 piece fry rod in which I have had a couple of people look at it that was unable to tell me about it only that it is from England 1800 and it has a silver band that has a lion and shield and the letter R also the letters T&S on it would like to know if you have any ideas about it thank you

Answer
Hi Kevin,

Sounds interesting.  Can you send me some photos of the rod?  Send them to joe@blackdogtackle.com and I'll review them for you and see what I can find out about the rod.

Is it a wooden rod?  A date of 1800 is a bit early for split bamboo (even across the pond) but maybe not out of the realm of possibility.  Greenheart wood or whole cane would be more likely.

Photos will help a great deal.

Thanks,  Joe

Fishing

Joe Douglas