i am planning to catch the next crappie spawn i hear the areas around rattlesnake point are good but im not exactly sure where rattlesnake point is could you help me out with that location from renolds landing also if you suggest other good areas icould try

Andy, I can certainly help with finding Rattlesnake Point and it is a good area for Specks.
From Reynolds Landing just head out following the channel markers and when you come to the
channel coming from right to left turn right. Run that channel until you come to a channel
running of to your right. A couple hundred yards beyond this channel junction on the right
is Rattlesnake Point.  The water on the right side of the channel is around 20 feet deep
and is a big stump field.  Fish around and between the stumps until you find the crappie.
Try different depths.  My late brother in law used to catch bunches of crappie in here and
I have caught some nice strings there too.  I have found crappie in the stump fields all
over this arm of the lake.  Like any crappie they move around and you have to hunt them.
Along the creek channel that winds through these stump fields often has lots of crappie.
I have caught crappie all the way from a mile above Rattlesnake Point and a good ways below
Rattlesnake Point.   Good luck in your crappie hunt.

Jack L. Gaither          (JackfromSeminole)
Lake Seminole, Georgia.

Jack Gaither

PLEASE, PLEASE, READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE ASKING YOUR QUESTION. THANK YOU. PLEASE, I HAVE BEEN GETTING MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT ANTIQUE RODS, REELS ETC. I hate to refuse questions but I really can not be of help in this. If you have an old rod, reel, lure etc. try contacting the maker if still existing or try antique fishing tackle on the web. I am genuinely sorry that I CAN NOT ANSWER SUCH QUESTIONS. I have been bass, crappie, brim and catfishing for over 70 years. Most of my recent experience has been on the Apalachicola R. in Fl. panhandle, and Lake Seminole. I can answer many questions on places to go and some ideas on tactics especially for largemouth bass in these waters. I can`t tell you what fish will bite but can give some lures and methods that have worked well for me over the last 33 years in this area. I am also well versed on boating safety and small boat handling.

I am not a guide nor a writer or publisher of any magazine on fishing. All of my ideas would come from my experiences and those of fishing partners in local bass clubs in Panama City, Florida or from reading many books and magazine articles over the years.

Basmasters. Past member (25 years) and instructor in boating and navigation classes in the United States Power Squadrons.

ST. Andrew Bay Power Squadron local publication "Stuffing Box"

United States Power Squadrons courses in Piloting and small boat handling, celestial navigation, trouble shooting on outboard engines and other non eletronic equipment in boats.