Fishing/southbend bamboo rod, model 27

Question
QUESTION: I have a 3 pc. Southbend double-built hexagonal split bamboo rod. It has an extra tip. 81/2' length. In good condition (6-7 on 10 scale). It comes in original aluminum tube (label missing). The tag on inner cloth bag is barely legible. All pcs. equal length.
Could you tell me when it was made, and approx. value?

ANSWER: Rick

if you can send a photo of the reel seat, I maybe able to narrow down the age. These rods were made from the early 1930s thru 1953.

The condition is a concern, and the length is very common. I would expect it to sell between $50 and $100.

Bob

reel seat
reel seat  

rod handle
rod handle  
QUESTION: Thanks for your time and attention to my questions, Bob. I have attached 2 pix. I think condition is more 7 than 6, but that may not make much difference.
Rick

Answer
Rick

your rod dates between 1931 and 1937. Since this is an early rod, you should get a 2nd opinion on the rod value at this site:

http://classicflyrodforum.com/

You will have to register to post a question and photos.

Once you are registered, there is a section on rod appraisals & identification.

Bob

Fishing

Robert Vermillion