Fishing/bristol 6 sided fishing rod

I bought a bristol 6 sided fishing rod, made of steel, goes from 8 ft.
to 3 ft not a fly rod ,cork handle, in good condition.  What is the value?

History :

Bristol rods are mentioned in Antique & Collectable Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide Homel, Dan. 1997 (2nd edition 2000).

These old metal rods are essentially worthless unless you sell them for a wall hanger like $25. I have tried fly rods which usually sell for more, without luck. The metals just aren't collectable like the bamboo. I have one and it is not fishable either, it would ruin your arm  after a few moments.
Some people disagree with this but I don't see them offering cash  for these type rods.
On ebay I see one metal fly rod,no maker or model sold $15, many unsold for $25-30.
Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated.
If you read the above carefully you will see see I am telling your rod being a non fly rod is even worth less. If you are a collector why are you askingin this anomalous form, instead of looking in Homel?
I am a volunteer and don't appreciate the low ratings ,just because you can't read.

Rich Mac McGaughey

I can answer questions on graphite fly rod building and bamboo rod restoration and making. I can guide people to restorers . I can guide people to rod building components on the internet as well as catalog. I can help them identify and value their bamboo fly rods with a picture .

If you are asking for the id of an old rod

please give a complete description send pictures especially labels or logos with detailed thorough description** to me and a complete including as much the following as you can: Is it? fly or casting rod ? Reel seat is below or above the cork handle ? Check metal for id and patents ? What is it made of; bamboo ( flat sided) fiberglass or graphite ( round)? Weight in oz? What is the diameter of the rod above the cork? Where was it purchased ? What type of metal nickel-silver, tin, or chrome platted brass? A complete description of any logos or labels. Length of rod per section and number of sections. Total rod length.

Please read the following if the rod has either of the following two labels

Montague or H-I (Horrocks-Ibbotson).

They are looked down upon by the collecting community and often they are justified. They were mass produced , rather heavy and very slow. They are not going to resale for very much.

Two books are available at larger libraries to get history and or value:
Antique & Collectable Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide Homel, Dan. 1997
Bamboo Rod Restoration Handbook -Michael Sinclair

Commission Sales

Because of my knowledge I can help you sell and get a good price for your vintage bamboo fly rod. email email Mac

I have been restoring bamboo fly rods for 15 years and making graphite for 17 .

website = click home page

**example of a thorough description of a label: The Shakespeare decal is olive green ovals with gold foil banner bearing the word "Shakespeare" in script. The remainder of the of the lettering is block style reading on top Honor Built and on the bottom of oval , Made in USA. The writing is away from the grip.