Fishing/Hardy palakona

Question
Thank you for offering this service. Much appreciated.
I have an 8' / 3 pc Palakona cc de France Regal with two tips my research says was made in  1954. I use it with a Perfect reel and love it - but the rod gives no line size. I have a 6 on it and it works  fine, but would like to know for certain. Ser no. Is E94536.

Thank you

Jg

Answer
Jim
6 is a good guess. When I started evaluating rods, I have several reels with lines weighted from 2 to 10. I have found that our forefathers fished much the same way we do today, with graphite rods. Almost all the bamboo rods I tested were 6 weights.  

I have a database that I got on ebay and  used to be on the Hardy and Grey Canada (not there anymore). I have  used it several times and have confirmed it many times. It says your rod was made in 1953, from the serial number.

Because the rod was made in the UK I don't think I am going to have much more information out here in the western USA.

Luck and tight lines,
Mac

Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated.

There may be a line size on the rod. In the 50s it would have been a single letter and or a series of letters not a number. Example E HDH. I don't understand the 8 out of 10 on Knowledgeability. I bet I am one of 10 people in the USA that knows what I wrote in my answer.
Did you give me all writing on the rod?

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey