Fishing/restoring old metal fishing rods.

Question
I have a number of old metal fishing rods. I know they are not worth much, however I think they are very cool, and I like to use and display them. I have restored a few in the past and they really look nice, but I know that I probably destroyed the little value that they were worth. I would like to restore two old fly rods by repairing the cork handles and repainting them. But I would like to restore them to as close to original as I can. I'm not sure what kind of paint they used in the 30's, or if I can still by it, or where to buy it. Can you help me, or give me any pointers to help me with my project.

Thanks,
John

Answer
John

I believe the old paints were enamel based.

to get a professional look i would use automotive paint and apply it with an air brush. Also, I believe auto paint supply stores sell aerosol paint with special spray nozzle that does a good job.

Bob

Fishing

Robert Vermillion