Fishing/Travel luggage for Rod

Question
Looking for a case for 10'  2 piece rod for car and airline travel.  Anysuggestions what works best?  Or what brand you suggest?  Did not want to make my own out of PVC as it is a gift.  Also for surf fishing whatis best site for gear?

Answer
Hi Chrissy,

Flambeau and Plano both make great rod cases.  I have the Flambeau Bazuka Pro and have had it for many years and it's tough.  Plano makes the "Airliner" and Jumbo Airliner which even has wheels.  You will be happy with either of those brands.  

A word of advice though... gate-check rods.  Do not let them send them with the checked luggage.  Those gorillas will destroy it!  They won't let you carry it on but they will check it at the gate like they do with strollers.  

Check this review: http://www.fishingloft.com/fishing-rod-cases.html

As far as sites for surf tackle and gear.... hands down....www.thesurfcaster.com   Best selection, best advise, fair prices.

Good luck,

Marc

Fishing

Marc Wisniewski