Fishing/Travel luggage for Rod

Looking for a case for 10'  2 piece rod for car and airline travel.  Anysuggestions what works best?  Or what brand you suggest?  Did not want to make my own out of PVC as it is a gift.  Also for surf fishing whatis best site for gear?

Hi Chrissy,

Flambeau and Plano both make great rod cases.  I have the Flambeau Bazuka Pro and have had it for many years and it's tough.  Plano makes the "Airliner" and Jumbo Airliner which even has wheels.  You will be happy with either of those brands.  

A word of advice though... gate-check rods.  Do not let them send them with the checked luggage.  Those gorillas will destroy it!  They won't let you carry it on but they will check it at the gate like they do with strollers.  

Check this review:

As far as sites for surf tackle and gear.... hands   Best selection, best advise, fair prices.

Good luck,

Marc Wisniewski

I can answer questions relating to all types of freshwater fishing, tackle, and tactics. I also can answer questions regarding rod building, lure making, and lure modification. I am not an expert at the value of old rods, reels, or lures.

My expertise is in Bass, Pike, Musky and the Great Lakes species. I have a lot of experience in Wisconsin and Lake Michigan in particular. With regard to Rod building, I have built custom rods since 1978. I have been building and designing lures for 35 years. I currently sell several of my lures both locally and nation wide. I have done work for several lure companies such as Mepps, Storm, Cisco Kid, and Suick. I am not an expert at the value of old rods, reels, or lures.

Wisconsin DNR Lake Michigan Forum (elected position). Friends of Lakeshore State Park, Milwaukee, WI

Two monthly columns in Midwest Outdoors Magazine, Writer of the weekly Lake Michigan Fishing Report in the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel, The In-Fisherman Magazine(since 1986), Musky Hunter Magazine, The Badger Sportsman, Woods and Waters Magazine, The Mepps Fishing Guide, Do-It Molds website, and I have been a guest on WGN Radio (Chicago) on their Saturday Outdoor program.

I have an engineering background.