Fishing/Al Ellis rod

Gilbert Yankee wrote at 2015-03-04 21:10:11
Al Ellis worked for my father at Yankee Manufacturing in Royal Oak Mi.

The company was sold and the name changed to "Style Cast" and Al moved out west Arizona? Where he made fishing tackle for many famous people such as Berry Goldwater.

Joe Douglas

I can answer questions on custom rod building and rod restoration and rod repair for bamboo, graphite and fiberglass fishing rods. I also have experience in estimating the value of vintage rods and determining the original manufacturer.

I operate a custom rod building business providing fly rods, spey rods, casting and spinning rods in bamboo graphite and fiberglass. I also operate a custom rod building school where myself and other professional rod builders teach individuals to build custom rods. I have a personal interest in vintage rods and have a small collection of reference books and articles which often help shed light on the origins of the older rods.

Rod Builders International, Rod Builders Institute

Web Site:,,

BS, Business Administration, University of Tulsa

I have a large number of individual clients for whom I have designed and built custom fishing rods of all types. I also have two commercial clients for whom I build private label rods, one in the USA and one in Europe.