Fishing/Vintage Shakespeare fishing rod.

Burke Linden wrote at 2013-06-25 04:05:31
Hey I have the same exact pole but I am the same as you looked every where and found nothing.

Joanne wrote at 2014-07-31 23:25:37
Hi Jacob, I just wanted you to know that you are not alone. Just yesterday I acquired a fishing rod, or Wonderod by Shakespeare, from a friend cleaning house. I haven't had a rod in years, and I was so excited to find out what an antique I have. It's not in mint condition, but very good condition. I removed some small rust spots and polished and shined the connection. There was very little dirt to speak of, so a thorough wipe down with a damp cloth and I now have a beautiful 73 year old fishing rod that I am going to love using this summer.  It's been years since I fished and what a way to start up again. Enjoy your Wonderod and all it represents. 73 Years!!

esteban wrote at 2015-03-16 09:01:13
I have the same rod it's a Shakespeare pat. No. 2260204. It was made in 1939 and my grandfather gave it to me when I was 4 years old. I'm from Argentina. Sory for my bad english.

Mello wrote at 2015-07-14 12:18:31
Just wanted to let you know I've got had the same experience with the wonder rod,  except  in the patent patent number you said you had had tried,  the  0's are not zeros zeros,  they are  C's (letter letter c)  best i can tell anyhow.  

Joe Douglas

I can answer questions on custom rod building and rod restoration and rod repair for bamboo, graphite and fiberglass fishing rods. I also have experience in estimating the value of vintage rods and determining the original manufacturer.

I operate a custom rod building business providing fly rods, spey rods, casting and spinning rods in bamboo graphite and fiberglass. I also operate a custom rod building school where myself and other professional rod builders teach individuals to build custom rods. I have a personal interest in vintage rods and have a small collection of reference books and articles which often help shed light on the origins of the older rods.

Rod Builders International, Rod Builders Institute

Web Site:,,

BS, Business Administration, University of Tulsa

I have a large number of individual clients for whom I have designed and built custom fishing rods of all types. I also have two commercial clients for whom I build private label rods, one in the USA and one in Europe.