Fishing/age and value of split cane rods

Question
Hello,
      I have been left 4 Split Cane rods from my Grandfather and i have no idea the age of the rods or their value. From what i can determine they are salmon rods, aprox 8 feet long and were manufactured in Aberdeen Scotland by J.S. Sharpie. and are called a "Scottie" They all seem to be in their original cloth wraps with manufactures name on it, and are all contained in a large Canvas covered tube with leather caps and straps.

Hope you can help

Thanks

Shaun

Answer
Shaun,
Yes I can help
Value depends on condition ,length and age.
Here is some research I did for a customer last year

J.S. SHARPE (Scotland)          poor-fair  good-vg   ex-mint
"Scottie" fly rod 7' #2/1# impregnated c.1975    60   165   275
"Scottie" featherweight fly rod 7 1/2' #2/1#    60   165   275
"Scottie" fly rod 8' #2/1# in cloth bag only    50   1'45    250
"Scottie" fly rod 8 1/2' #2/1# in cloth bag    40   130   210

It's Sharpe not Sharpie. Scottie is a model type rod name.
And while they made Salmon rods, they made trout rods, too. It is unlikely an 8 foot rod is a salmon rod.

So if you want more than the above guesstimate, I need details, as I say on the webpage where you asked the above question:

If you are asking for the id of an old rod

please give a complete description
, , send pictures especially labels or logos to me macsrods@yahoo.com and a complete including as much the following as you can: Is it? fly or casting rod ? Reel seat is below or above the cork handle ? Check metal for id and patents ? What is it made of; bamboo # flat sided# fiberglass or graphite # round#? Weight in oz? What is the diameter of the rod above the cork? Where was it purchased ? What type of metal nickel-silver, tin, or chrome platted brass? A complete description of any logos or labels including detailed close up not blurry photos. Length of rod per section and number of sections. Total rod length.

Luck,
Mac

Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated.

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey