Fishing/Dave Cook FY67DC graphite fly rod 8'0, Crystal Creek Graphite, Shakespeare, USA

I am trying to find out anything I can regarding this nice fly rod I have acquired, rather inexpensively, I might add as to value, or how it has been reviewed.

Thanks you!
Forrest G Adams

Hi Forrest,

It must have been a Shakespeare that was private-labled for Dave Cooks.  Dave Cooks was a pretty well known tackle shop out west.  I believe it was in the Denver area.  

I am not really the "old-rods" expert here on this site.  Joe Douglas is and if you send this to him he may have some more history on it.  Another great resource is Rich McGaughey and he can be reached at  If you can take some photos of the handle area where the branding info is that may hepl too.

Good luck,

Marc Wisniewski

I can answer questions relating to all types of freshwater fishing, tackle, and tactics. I also can answer questions regarding rod building, lure making, and lure modification. I am not an expert at the value of old rods, reels, or lures.

My expertise is in Bass, Pike, Musky and the Great Lakes species. I have a lot of experience in Wisconsin and Lake Michigan in particular. With regard to Rod building, I have built custom rods since 1978. I have been building and designing lures for 35 years. I currently sell several of my lures both locally and nation wide. I have done work for several lure companies such as Mepps, Storm, Cisco Kid, and Suick. I am not an expert at the value of old rods, reels, or lures.

Wisconsin DNR Lake Michigan Forum (elected position). Friends of Lakeshore State Park, Milwaukee, WI

Two monthly columns in Midwest Outdoors Magazine, Writer of the weekly Lake Michigan Fishing Report in the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel, The In-Fisherman Magazine(since 1986), Musky Hunter Magazine, The Badger Sportsman, Woods and Waters Magazine, The Mepps Fishing Guide, Do-It Molds website, and I have been a guest on WGN Radio (Chicago) on their Saturday Outdoor program.

I have an engineering background.