Fishing/Dave Cook FY67DC graphite fly rod 8'0, Crystal Creek Graphite, Shakespeare, USA

Question
I am trying to find out anything I can regarding this nice fly rod I have acquired, rather inexpensively, I might add as to value, or how it has been reviewed.

Thanks you!
Forrest G Adams

Answer
Hi Forrest,

It must have been a Shakespeare that was private-labled for Dave Cooks.  Dave Cooks was a pretty well known tackle shop out west.  I believe it was in the Denver area.  

I am not really the "old-rods" expert here on this site.  Joe Douglas is and if you send this to him he may have some more history on it.  Another great resource is Rich McGaughey and he can be reached at macsrods@yahoo.com.  If you can take some photos of the handle area where the branding info is that may hepl too.

Good luck,

Marc

Fishing

Marc Wisniewski