Fishing/Old steel fishingrod

Question
I found an old steel fishing rod in my fathers garage. It is a true temper Champion at.no.8099d pat.no.175515 with a speed lock handle and a Bronson Gladiator no.3400 reel. Is this something worth saving? I have never seen a rod like this. Thank You

Answer
Hello Glenn...

Yep, I think it's worth saving. I have a nice selection of steel shafted rods and consider them very nostalgic. True-Temper made a number of models and there are a few collectors out there that favor them.

Check with www.oldrods.com or www.ricksrods.com if you need some direction on finding a value. They may also be able to point you in the direction of a collector should you wish to part with it.

If you need advice on repair or refurbishment, I'm your man. But for further contact with anyone else, including myself, please include a number of clear .jpeg images from butt to tip including serial/model numbers etc. to better serve and advise you.

Thanks for the question...

Mark

Fishing

Mark Rimmer