Fishing/value of rod

Question
hi, i have a hardy rod.It has the alnwick green heart wye on the brass end at the bottom of the rod there is a serial number g311 the rod is a 12 foot 9inchs in length

Answer
Wayne,
You are asking this question to a 20-21st Century US Bamboo Fly man in the western US. I have seen a few Hardy and UK rods.
I bought a DVD on ebay that has Hardy rod and reel serial numbers, model names and dates. This data was on Hardy Canada website and I have confirmed it many times.
Your rod was probably built in 1955. There serial range for that year id E96203  to H101. All g serial numbers would fall in that range.

Price Book:
Antique & Collectible  Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide by Homel, Dan. 1997 (2nd edition 2000)
add about 30% for age of book.
Homel has an emphasis on American rods,too.
He has some Hardy rods, none are 12'9"

Homel gives the following  Hardy rods with an extra tip, 3 sections for poor, good, and excellent condition respectively.

"Wye" salmon fly rod 10' #3/2# screw-lock ferrules    45   100   200
"Aydon" greenheart  wood trout rod 10' #3/2#          40   75   150

These rods are close enough to estimate the value
Your rod is probably not in excellent condition. Most people tell me their rods are mint,very few are accurate.

I am interested in your rod. Are you thinking of selling? Send not blurry ,detailed pictures to macsrods@yahoo.com. I might have a buyer.
I am in Denver, CO, USA, you ?
Luck,
Mac

Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated.  

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey