Fishing/Winchester bamboo fly rod

Question
I just inherited my grandfather's bamboo flyrod. It's a three-piece 9' Winchester with extra tip and canvas and wood case.
I have looked, but I don't know where to find the model number. The rod is labeled "Winchester" "Trade Mark", and the case has a sewn label that says "Winchester / Trade Mark / Made in USA / Winchester Repeating Arms..."
My father told me his father bought this rod in the 1920s.
It's in good to fair condition, although it's clearly been used. One guide is loose, and there is a little wear to the cork handle.

I'm happy to send photos, but I was first hoping you could help me determine the model number... where do I find it on the rod?

Thanks very much in advance.

Chuck

Answer
Chuck,
I found your condition statement very refreshing. Most people are sure their old beat up rod is in perfect condition. It is in fair to poor condition.
It is a good possibility the  4 digit model number has been rubbed off. Look for it above the cork handle.  Check the metal carefully , take the reel off if there is one.
You could have a very nice rod as EW Edwards started making rods for Winchester (the arms company) in 1919. He was there only a few short years. His work is renown but not all Winchesters were made by EW.
Look for black cursive signature of EW.
Sure send pictures to macsrods@yahoo.com.
Luck ,
Mac

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey