Fishing/garcia conlon ultraliht rod

What is the difference between a Garcia conlon 2121ultalight 5 star rod and the same rod that is a 2121T with no star rating. I have recently acquired these two rods. I purchased a 2121 5 star in 1963 with money I saved. I was only 16 then. It was my pride and joy. Unfortunately, I lost the top section while on a backpack fishing trip many years ago. Heartbreaker. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.lbcig

Hi Ed,

I am not really the expert on old rods.

The two guys on this site that may know something would be Rich McGaughey and Joe Douglas.  Please direct this question to them and they will have more information.

Thank you and good luck,

Marc Wisniewski

I can answer questions relating to all types of freshwater fishing, tackle, and tactics. I also can answer questions regarding rod building, lure making, and lure modification. I am not an expert at the value of old rods, reels, or lures.

My expertise is in Bass, Pike, Musky and the Great Lakes species. I have a lot of experience in Wisconsin and Lake Michigan in particular. With regard to Rod building, I have built custom rods since 1978. I have been building and designing lures for 35 years. I currently sell several of my lures both locally and nation wide. I have done work for several lure companies such as Mepps, Storm, Cisco Kid, and Suick. I am not an expert at the value of old rods, reels, or lures.

Wisconsin DNR Lake Michigan Forum (elected position). Friends of Lakeshore State Park, Milwaukee, WI

Two monthly columns in Midwest Outdoors Magazine, Writer of the weekly Lake Michigan Fishing Report in the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel, The In-Fisherman Magazine(since 1986), Musky Hunter Magazine, The Badger Sportsman, Woods and Waters Magazine, The Mepps Fishing Guide, Do-It Molds website, and I have been a guest on WGN Radio (Chicago) on their Saturday Outdoor program.

I have an engineering background.