Fishing/value

Question
#47 south bend bamboo in bag and good shape

Answer
Chasity,

I am assuming the following.
The #47 is on the rod.
The reel seat is above not below the handle.  It's a fly not cast rod.
If any of the above is not true the estimate given is all wrong and I suggest you send me a more complete description. (please see my all experts web page to see what information I need)

The model #47 appeared in the latter 1930s and continued into the 1950s.  If it has the "Comficient" cork grip, thumb rest, it is from the 1940s-1950s.  If not, it is from the latter 1930s.

Homel gives the South Bend 9'  model "Model #47" fly rod   with an extra tip, 3 sections the  value of  $35, 80 and $150 for poor, good, and excellent condition respectively.

Please find Homel in most library systems. There is a great chapter on condition, which is critical for accurate resale values.  

The above values are estimate. Rod length #not given # influences resale value dramatically. Shorter rods #8 ft and under# sell for more.

Luck,
Mac

Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated.  

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey