Fishing/GAR FISHING IN NEW YORK

Question
HEY MARC,      HAVE A QUESTION I HOPE YOU CAN ANSWER FOR ME. I WANT TO KNOW OF ANY GOOD LAKES & PONDS IN THE CATSKILLS OF NEW YORK THAT HAS GOOD GAR FISHING. I KNOW IT MAY SEEM LIKE AN ODD QUESTION, BUT REALLY WANT TO FISH FOR THEM, LAST TIME I DID WAS IN FLORIDA. SO IF YOU CAN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW OF A FEW GOOD BODIES OF WATER IN THE CATSKILLS THAT HAS GOOD GAR FISHING. THANKS A MILLION, REALLY HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU VERY SOON. JEFF COSTIGAN.

Answer
Hi Jeff,

Living in Wisconsin, I have no first hand knowledge of the gar situation in the Catskills.  I even did some searches and couldn't come up with any information.  I would say to call the NY department of natural resources and have them give you the number or e-mail for the fisheries biologist in the Catskills area.  He would be the best source for finding the particulars.

Good luck,

Marc

Fishing

Marc Wisniewski