Fishing/heddon 850 split bamboo flyrod

Question
I have a Heddon  #850  5 1/2 M  split bamboo rod  "Jim Heddon's favorite " . The original tag on the rod bag  has  850  5 1/2  med.. and inspsector  is  LS.. thanks for your trouble ,  Dick

Answer
Dick
The only 850 I have seen is a spin casting rod not fly.
While I am explaining - tags, backs and socks are only complements , really only help, not to use for complete authentication of maker or model.. I am assuming that Heddon 850 is on the rod.
How do you know if  is bamboo? It should have flat sides not round.
Spin casting rods do not have much resale value. The most I have People want them to be valuable but do not trust an amount unless that are willing to buy at that amount.
I have gotten the best prices selling these to restaurants as wall hangers and not as fishing tools. Trust me I could not even get more than 50. It is the collectors who create this interest. Spin have reel above the rod handle, fly reel is below handle below

Price Book:
Antique & Collectible  Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide by Homel, Dan. 1997 (2nd edition 2000)
add about 30% for age of book.

Homel gives the  Heddon  model 850 R bait cast rod 6' (1 piece) 1 sections the  value of  25,70, and 125 for poor, good, and excellent condition respectively. I doubt you can really can get that much for it.

Homel mentions also a "Jim Heddon's Favorite" bait casting rod 5 1/2' with similar prices. Homel is a good book to pick up in the library. He has a whole section on condition.

Luck,
Mac

Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey