Fishing/Bamboo fly rod

Question
Logo
Logo  

Seat
Seat  
What is it?  Searching the net, I believe it is a Montague, yes I understand the low value, possibly the Sunbeam model.  It's 9' long, 3 sections, with an extra tip, and a non-magnetic reel seat.
The decals are missing and there are no markings to be found. I can see where the logo was, and what is left appears to match the Montague label.
It was last fished in the 70's and was given to my friend by his father-in-law in the 60's. Everything is original with the exception of a couple of guides being re-wrapped on one side. The end eyelet is missing from one of the two tips.
Any idea what line weight it might be so that I may fish it?
Any and all information is appreciated.
Thanks.

Answer
Jack
Probably a 6 weight- because that's what I see mostly.
And a 3 piece bamboo is going to need at least 6 weight to bend that heavy stiff slow rod.

If the bamboo rod has threads fallen off, finish is cracked (alligatored or sluffing , water can get to the bamboo. This is true especially if water can get into ferrules /connectors or tip tops (top guide). Wet bamboo like wood will weaken or rot. Most breaks on bamboo rods are around female ferrules and 1-3 inches from the end  of the section. It is the poor quality of finish that most new owners overlook and think their rod is in mint, excellent or unused condition when it is actually poor.

It probably is a Montague.
Not exactly sure what you mean by "Any and all information is appreciated" value ? It is a good rod to practice restoration because the condition leaves this rod with little to no resale value.

Luck,
Mac

Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated.

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey