Fishing/Bass fishing lake seminole

Where are some good sponning  areas or some sand bars where bass may be using to bed and if you where going to be fishing this time of the year what would you use as far as bait selection

Johnboy,  First I do not fish spawning beds although it is legal I do not feel it is a good
thing for the lake.  However, if you do fish these beds It is OK.  Even if I catch fish on
bed or not I most always release them alive if I can.  I do not mean you should take some
fish to eat.  If I have a taste for some fried bass I look for fish in the 14-16 inch range.
Now to your question.  It is difficult to answer you because this is a big lake and even in
the past 20 years of fishing It I have not seen it all.  I can tell you some places where I
have fished and I know that there are spawning flats.  You really need a map of the lake or
have prior Knowledge of the lake.  Lets start at a very common starting place--Wingates on
the south side of the lake.  Any lake map will show this place and even though Jack Wingate
died the place still bears his name.  From the landing go out the channel between the islands
(the channel is marked with pilings with red tops on one side and green tops on the other..  When you reach the open lake turn right.  There is a large flat thee out to the rover channel  These flats are spawning beds.  Heading down to the lower Flint river look on the right you will see islands.  On the north and east sides of these islands is an area of shallow water where bass can spawn.  In the lower end of Fish Pond Drain is an area of spawning flats on both sides of the boat channel heading up the drain.   Another area of shallow water where the
fish spawn is on the left side of the Chatahoochee river chanel are large areas of shallow
water.  If you head up the Chatahoochee on the right you will see some channel markers
heading back into an area with lots of lilly pads and shallow water  If instead of going to
fishpond drain you head up the Spring Creek arm of the lake just a bit above Rattlesnake
point on the right side coming up the creek there is a place between the islands that I have
seen many bass nests after the spawn is over.  All back in those Islands are places but
they are sometimes difficult to get into with a boat.  a canoe or yak would be better Or
an airboat.  
As to what I would use is anything that imitates either a bluegill or a crawfish.  The shad
are not spawning yet although it will not be long and when they do find the shad and you
will find bass shallow or deep .  A tube cast just past a bed and dragged through the bed
several times will sometimes make the bass angry enough to try to kill that thing invading
the nest.  Since I have not fished bedding bass I really can't give you a lot more ideas.

I hope this will do you some good.  I will ad this If when you get here you can give me a
call and we will meet and I will show you these places on the map. 229-861-2366 is my home
number my cell is 229-400-5267.  Feel free to call and we can meet, have a coffee or a beer
and talk fishing with the map.
Thanks for calling on me to answer your question.

I am
Jack L. Gaither          (JackfromSeminole)
Lake Seminole, Georgia

Jack Gaither

PLEASE, PLEASE, READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE ASKING YOUR QUESTION. THANK YOU. PLEASE, I HAVE BEEN GETTING MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT ANTIQUE RODS, REELS ETC. I hate to refuse questions but I really can not be of help in this. If you have an old rod, reel, lure etc. try contacting the maker if still existing or try antique fishing tackle on the web. I am genuinely sorry that I CAN NOT ANSWER SUCH QUESTIONS. I have been bass, crappie, brim and catfishing for over 70 years. Most of my recent experience has been on the Apalachicola R. in Fl. panhandle, and Lake Seminole. I can answer many questions on places to go and some ideas on tactics especially for largemouth bass in these waters. I can`t tell you what fish will bite but can give some lures and methods that have worked well for me over the last 33 years in this area. I am also well versed on boating safety and small boat handling.

I am not a guide nor a writer or publisher of any magazine on fishing. All of my ideas would come from my experiences and those of fishing partners in local bass clubs in Panama City, Florida or from reading many books and magazine articles over the years.

Basmasters. Past member (25 years) and instructor in boating and navigation classes in the United States Power Squadrons.

ST. Andrew Bay Power Squadron local publication "Stuffing Box"

United States Power Squadrons courses in Piloting and small boat handling, celestial navigation, trouble shooting on outboard engines and other non eletronic equipment in boats.