Fishing/Bamboo fly rod

Question
My friend gave me this rod and I was looking for some info on it.  |It is a 9 foot fly rod, 3 piece with a spare tip,and it is stored in a wood case. Case is carved so that the eyes are sunk into the case.The rod is tied into the case with fabric (3 pieces)

Engraved into the green handle is Union Hardware Company, Torrington, Conn USA.

Any info would be greatly apreciated.

Answer
Shawn,
Price Book:
Antique & Collectible  Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide by Homel, Dan. 1997 (2nd edition 2000) add about 30% for age of book.

I assume your rod is bamboo (flat sided) and fly (reel below the handle). If not all bets are off.

Homel gives the Union Hardware 9 ft  model Bass fly rod with an extra tip, 3 sections the  value of  $30, 70 and $120 for poor, good, excellent condition respectively.

It was probably made by Montague or HI and is not a very good fishing tool. I have seen several of these Union rods that were sold by Montgomery Wards at very low prices.

It's a good rod to practice restoring.
Luck,
Mac

Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated.  

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey