Fishing/EF Payne 3 pc , 8.5 ft , 4 5/8oz #250

Question
Dear Mac - We found an EF Payne 3 pc , 8.5 ft ,  4 5/8oz.   model #250 in my dad's basement, in highland mills, ny.. and appears to have a spare tip as well.. It appears to be in good condition.. any thoughts on the possible value?

thanks for your time
Carlos

Answer
Carlos,          
Payne rods are very valuable. They were great rod makers, EF and Jim.
History of EF Payne;
http://home.myfairpoint.net/and96jac/fishnbanjossliceoflifeincyberspacecopy/id25
Price Book:
Antique & Collectible  Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide by Homel, Dan. 1997 (2nd edition 2000) add about 30% for age of book.

No 250 in Homel nor the history page, perhaps it  is 205?
Homel gives the "Payne Model 205" 8 1/2' fly rod with an extra tip, 3 sections the  value of  $350, 950 and $1900  for poor, good, and excellent condition respectively.

Last time I had a Payne rod, the owner asked if he should sell it for $500. He sent it to me and I got him $1000 more.

Luck,
Mac

Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated.

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey