I got some old reels from my father in law and i have 3 i cant find anything on one is a Horrock-Ibbotson  the Genesee 700a. number 2 reel is a Bronson Flyer no.2450 The 3rd reel is a Abu Garcia 5600AB I would like to know if there worth anything   Thanks Terry

Hi Terry,

The H-I and the Bronson are both great old conversation pieces but rarely worth much more than $20-$25.  There were just too many of them produced.  It hard to say about the 5600AB.  If it is old enough and in good condition, it could be worth $50-$100.  There are a Abu collectors out there that are looking for mint ones in the box and then it could easily go over $100.

Good luck,

Marc Wisniewski

I can answer questions relating to all types of freshwater fishing, tackle, and tactics. I also can answer questions regarding rod building, lure making, and lure modification. I am not an expert at the value of old rods, reels, or lures.

My expertise is in Bass, Pike, Musky and the Great Lakes species. I have a lot of experience in Wisconsin and Lake Michigan in particular. With regard to Rod building, I have built custom rods since 1978. I have been building and designing lures for 35 years. I currently sell several of my lures both locally and nation wide. I have done work for several lure companies such as Mepps, Storm, Cisco Kid, and Suick. I am not an expert at the value of old rods, reels, or lures.

Wisconsin DNR Lake Michigan Forum (elected position). Friends of Lakeshore State Park, Milwaukee, WI

Two monthly columns in Midwest Outdoors Magazine, Writer of the weekly Lake Michigan Fishing Report in the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel, The In-Fisherman Magazine(since 1986), Musky Hunter Magazine, The Badger Sportsman, Woods and Waters Magazine, The Mepps Fishing Guide, Do-It Molds website, and I have been a guest on WGN Radio (Chicago) on their Saturday Outdoor program.

I have an engineering background.