I found this reel while out fishing its almost new but the handle is missing but I cant find a brand name all it has on it is READT2FISH MODEL NUMBER R2F-55A/SWS can you please help me I would like to find a handle for it

I have some ideas but I don't even know what kind  of reel you have .
I think that the R2F-55A/SWS is made by South Bend .

I am unsure what reel part you need but no problem.
A handle is an armature used with a knob to turn the reel
Google reel parts and you will get at least 2 hits

Dave's Parts & Service - FISHING REEL PARTS

Daves Parts and Service is the largest rod and reel component distributor in the country, with a full line of parts to support Penn, Daiwa, Shimano, Abu Garcia, ...

Reel Parts - Mike's Reel Repair

Fishing reel parts from almost every manufacturer, all available in one place! Be sure to use the Schematics link located to the

look at the drawings before calling them
See if any parts will work
If you just need a knob a generic one is available
and ask them for a general not specific handle, that is to say if you call them and ask for READT2FISH MODEL NUMBER R2F-55A/SWS  ,they are busy and have a way too fast answer of "they don't carry that brand name and then they are gone.

Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated.

Rich Mac McGaughey

I can answer questions on graphite fly rod building and bamboo rod restoration and making. I can guide people to restorers . I can guide people to rod building components on the internet as well as catalog. I can help them identify and value their bamboo fly rods with a picture .

If you are asking for the id of an old rod

please give a complete description send pictures especially labels or logos with detailed thorough description** to me and a complete including as much the following as you can: Is it? fly or casting rod ? Reel seat is below or above the cork handle ? Check metal for id and patents ? What is it made of; bamboo ( flat sided) fiberglass or graphite ( round)? Weight in oz? What is the diameter of the rod above the cork? Where was it purchased ? What type of metal nickel-silver, tin, or chrome platted brass? A complete description of any logos or labels. Length of rod per section and number of sections. Total rod length.

Please read the following if the rod has either of the following two labels

Montague or H-I (Horrocks-Ibbotson).

They are looked down upon by the collecting community and often they are justified. They were mass produced , rather heavy and very slow. They are not going to resale for very much.

Two books are available at larger libraries to get history and or value:
Antique & Collectable Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide Homel, Dan. 1997
Bamboo Rod Restoration Handbook -Michael Sinclair

Commission Sales

Because of my knowledge I can help you sell and get a good price for your vintage bamboo fly rod. email email Mac

I have been restoring bamboo fly rods for 15 years and making graphite for 17 .

website = click home page

**example of a thorough description of a label: The Shakespeare decal is olive green ovals with gold foil banner bearing the word "Shakespeare" in script. The remainder of the of the lettering is block style reading on top Honor Built and on the bottom of oval , Made in USA. The writing is away from the grip.