Fishing/Rod

Question
I acquired an "Actionrod #73486, it also says carboloy and Trout Action on it.
what can you tell me concerning when it was made and any other information you have would be appreciated.
Thanks,Bob G.

Answer
Hi Robert,

I am not the "old Tackle" guy on this site.  You may want to pass this along to Joe Douglas.

I do know that the Action Rods were made by Orchard Industries in the Detroit area.  Its a steel rod, correct?  Its probably from the late 40's or 50's.  The "trout action" probably means that it is a lighter action rod.  Carboloy refers to the guides.  They were very good guides and carbolys are still used today in abusive situations like Musky rod tips, and wire line trolling rods.  

I can tell you that in mint condition, these rods can sell for $150.

Nice item!

Marc

Fishing

Marc Wisniewski