Fishing/heddon blue water 8' 3 piece bamboo

I dug this out of the attic,cleaned it up and have some questions.What does the 3/4 f-heh or f designate.It's a beautiful rod and I'ld like to put it to action this season.I could try just casting 5wt or 4wt to see how it goes.Currently I fish with the Tenkara stuff,or my Winston.Thanks for any info you have.

Hi Steve,

HEH is the old designation for DT5.

There is a good chart here.

Joe Douglas and Rich McGaughey on this site are the experts on old rods.  Please run thus question past them and they may know more.

Marc Wisniewski

I can answer questions relating to all types of freshwater fishing, tackle, and tactics. I also can answer questions regarding rod building, lure making, and lure modification. I am not an expert at the value of old rods, reels, or lures.

My expertise is in Bass, Pike, Musky and the Great Lakes species. I have a lot of experience in Wisconsin and Lake Michigan in particular. With regard to Rod building, I have built custom rods since 1978. I have been building and designing lures for 35 years. I currently sell several of my lures both locally and nation wide. I have done work for several lure companies such as Mepps, Storm, Cisco Kid, and Suick. I am not an expert at the value of old rods, reels, or lures.

Wisconsin DNR Lake Michigan Forum (elected position). Friends of Lakeshore State Park, Milwaukee, WI

Two monthly columns in Midwest Outdoors Magazine, Writer of the weekly Lake Michigan Fishing Report in the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel, The In-Fisherman Magazine(since 1986), Musky Hunter Magazine, The Badger Sportsman, Woods and Waters Magazine, The Mepps Fishing Guide, Do-It Molds website, and I have been a guest on WGN Radio (Chicago) on their Saturday Outdoor program.

I have an engineering background.