Fishing/heddon blue water 8' 3 piece bamboo

Question
I dug this out of the attic,cleaned it up and have some questions.What does the 3/4 f-heh or f designate.It's a beautiful rod and I'ld like to put it to action this season.I could try just casting 5wt or 4wt to see how it goes.Currently I fish with the Tenkara stuff,or my Winston.Thanks for any info you have.

Answer
Hi Steve,

HEH is the old designation for DT5.

There is a good chart here. http://css.sbcma.com/timj/flyline_chart.htm

Joe Douglas and Rich McGaughey on this site are the experts on old rods.  Please run thus question past them and they may know more.

Thanks,

Marc

Fishing

Marc Wisniewski