Fishing/heddon premnier rod old

Question
wonder what it worth brand new looking #115 81/2-21/2-f h c h or d model does not look like ever used.thanks

Answer
Judith,

Assuming your rod has flat not round sides and the reel seat is above the cork handle (if not then the following is way off base):

Bamboo Rod Restoration Handbook -Michael Sinclair says the premier was made in 1948-54.  
Antique & Collectable Fishing Rods: Identification & Value Guide Homel, Dan. 1997

Homel gives the 8.5 model #115 "Premier" fly rod with an extra tip, 3 sections a value of  $85, 215 and $425 for poor, good, excellent condition respectively.
I have done better than that in 2010.  i.e. always mention your rod is a fly rod.

Please quote the book , not me , I have never seen  your rod. Most people who ask me questions on this web sight, say their rods are in excellent condition , very few are correct.

The butt ferrule size is designated by "2F" or "2 F". The larger the number, the stiffer the rod. For three- piece rods, a 2F is usually a trout rod and 2 F is a bass rod.

"Heddon - The Rod With The Fighting Heart" by Michael Sinclair.  Most of the material below is found in that book. This book does a very good job of providing information about the various Heddon bamboo rods and their distribution.

Heddon Premier #115 and Heddon Expert #125 rods were not sold by Heddon. They were made for and were sold by Sears & Roebuck from 1947-1952.  South Bend also made rods for Sears.  Sears sold "Good", "Better" and "Best" bamboo rods in their lineup.  The #115 fell into the "Better" category.  You do need to note that the #115 does not fit into the Heddon #100 series of light action fly rods.  The #115 at "HCH or D" is a 6-7 WT rod.

Luck,
Mac

Please provide feedback, nominations are appreciated.  

Fishing

Rich Mac McGaughey